From June 8th 2015, the paper counterpart of the UK driving licence was abolished.
From the date Licensed Carriage Hire will not accept the counterpart as proof of your driving
entitlement. Prior to the delivery of your vehicle you will need to provide us with your UNIQUE
CODE that you can access from the DVLA in a number of ways as outlined below.
To make the delivery of the rental vehicle smoother we suggest you share this code with us at
the earliest opportunity.
How to get your UNIQUE CODE:
Via DVLA Website:
- Access the View or share your driving licence page.
You will need to enter your 16 character driving licence number
Enter your National Insurance Number
- Then you can then select 'Share your licence information'
Select 'Create a Code'
Note the code supplied , remember it is case sensitive, can only be used once & valid for
21 days You can send the code to email@example.com
- LCH will review the document and retain it against your detail along with a copy of your licence.
- Drivers can call the DVLA on 0300 083 0013 for further assistance
(Monday to Friday 08:00-19:00 and Saturday 08:00-14:00)
- LCH staff can assist at the point of delivery if required, please ensure you have your
Driving Licence & National Insurance number to hand so we can assist you in sharing